A Pirate's Heart by Catherine Friend
- "M" is for Malice by Sue Grafton$7.99In January 1986, Tasha Howard hires her cousin Kinsey Millhone to find an heir of the wealthy Malek family. When patriarch Bader Malek died, everyone assumed his $40 million estate would be split between his sons Donovan, who runs the Malek construction empire, Bennet, a would-be entrepreneur, and Jack, a playboy. However, the will also names the supposedly disinherited second son Guy, the black sheep of the family who left home 18 years ago and has not been seen nor heard of by the family since.
- A Gift of Age: Old Lesbian Life Stories by Arden Eversmeyer and Margaret Purcell$14.40 $16.95
The amazing old women revealed in these stories form the very roots of who we are. Stories gathered and published by the Old Lesbian Oral Herstory Project.
- A House to Die For by Vicki Doudera$4.99Red-hot real estate agent Darby Farr has spent years trying to forget her hometown of Hurricane Harbor, Maine--especially the painful memories of being raised by her controlling aunt following her parents' tragic deaths. Then one morning, she learns her aunt is dying, and the calculating woman has one final demand: clinch the multimillion-dollar sale of Fairview, a breathtaking waterfront estate. The deal seems simple, but trouble is brewing on the rocky coast. Within hours of Darby's arrival, an obscure deed restriction scuttles the sale just as the backup buyer is found bludgeoned to death on the property's grounds. Assisted by handsome journalist Miles Porter, Darby uncovers dark secrets that reveal an ugly scandal . . . and even uglier motives for murder. As a brutal storm surges up the coast, Darby must salvage the deal, find the killer--and somehow stay alive.
- A Tale For The Time Being by Ruth Ozeki$13.60 $16.00
Tokyo to British Columbia, a tale of how writing connects people who will never meet. A diary, an earthquake, 104 year old Buddhist Nun, French maid cafes, resilience and bravery.
- A Train In Winter by Caroline Moorehead$15.99
Women, Bravery, Female Friendship, and Resistance in Occupied France 1943. How a band of 230 women resistors survived Auschwitz. Courageous ordinary women who sacrificed everything to combat the march of evil across the world.