I am convinced that in this day and age with chemicals in everything we eat, breathe and wear, that in order to prevent cancer, we want to Live an AntiCancer Lifestyle.
It is possible, and a lot of us are already doing it. Take the fear out of the word “Cancer” by ridding your life of carcinogens and strengthening your immune system. By eating well, exercising and consuming consciously, we can cure the disease if it does occur, or prevent it entirely. With the fear of cancer gone, we won’t be forced into surgery, chemotherapy and radiation before we have a chance to investigate the alternatives. We can research natural remedies that are specific to different cancers, or are overall cancer cures. We can witness the stories of people around the world who have used these cures and be profoundly strengthened through our own process by knowing we are not alone in this journey.
Here are some tips for Living an AntiCancer Lifestyle:
- Eat the Rainbow – the colors in foods fight and prevent cancer. It’s true that the colors in our fruits and vegetables are indeed cancer curing, cancer fighting, and add to our longevity and overall health. This time of the year, many colorful fruits and vegetables come available that weren’t there in the Spring and Summer. Enjoy learning new recipes for winter squash and add many new spices and herbes to soups and salads. Tumeric, green tea, and Resveratrol fight cancer at it’s stemcell root so it doesn’t metastasize. Eating the Rainbow adds a whole new palate to our meals every season!
- Eat locally grown organic foods in season. Of course, organic foods are preferred, and some foods are especially important to buy organic, like apples, strawberries and potatoes. (See the whole “Dirty Dozen” list here.) Buying organics in bulk help us to get the price down, and growing as much of our food ourselves that is absolutely possible adds to the quality of our life and our connection to Mother Nature.
- Eat GMO-Free foods – look for certification. GMO foods are created by adding carcinogenicchemicals and organisms of other plants and animals. Our own DNA can be altered by these genetically modified frankenfoods. They are also designed to blow open the bellies of the insects that might eat the plants. The result is that today we have a much higher rates of gluten sensitivity and leaky gut syndrome in humans and livestock than ever before.
- Sugar feeds cancer cells – eat as little of it as possible – and NO artificial sweeteners. Cancer cannot live without sugar, and each of us consumes large amounts of sugars unless we mindfully decide to limit our consumption. For me, this is my most difficult journey. Eating gluten free also adds a lot of useless sugars to our diet if we are not careful. And please research artificial sweeteners if you are not already aware of their serious health effects, including obesity.
- Good fats are a better form of energy than sweets. Good fats like coconut oil give us a much better afternoon energy spurt than any candy, ice cream, or pastry ever will. If it’s energy you are looking for, go for the good fats.
- Oxygen kills cancer cells so exercise regularly. Cancer cells cannot live in oxygen nor an alkaline environment. Many of our foods are acidic, so it’s very important to balance our Ph through our diet. Exercising is a great way to oxygenate every cell in our body, as well as drinking filtered and even alkaline water.
- Cook with stainless steel, cast iron, and ceramic – NOT non-stick or aluminium cookware. The manufacture of non-stick cookware even destroys our ozone, so you know it can’t be good to cook in. We only have to look at how our grandmothers cooked using cast iron skillets and ceramic bakeware to see how they lived to be old and wise! Add these wonderful olde cooking tools to your kitchen, along with stainless steel — and toss out the aluminium and non-stick cookware — and you will be serving up delicious and healthy meals.
- Never let your food touch plastic! For me, this is the most important take-away from our Lean Into Green Telesummit. Wax paper is available again in healthy food markets, and with the help of saved rubber bands, it is possible to keep leftovers fresh in the fridge. Wax paper or cloth food bags also work for lunches and food storage. This isn’t as difficult as it may seem, and it adds to the mindfulness of our eating and food prep activities.
- Be really particular what you put on your face and body, it’s all absorbed into your liver and other organs. This includes hair products and nail polishes. There’s a lot of carcinogens in these products. Shop carefully and read labels. Check out our natural beauty products here.
- Since we are talking about cancer, protect your kidneys and all your vital organs from carcinogenic materials by drinking and cooking with Multipure Drinking Water Systems. These systems are tested and certified to reduce the widest range of contaminants than any other filter in the industry.Genny, hope this helps women connect the dots a bit more to protect from breast cancer and other cancers.
We interviewed Audra Conklin for our Preventing Cancer Telesummit. You can listen to her free by clicking here. She has a wealth of information that will enhance your knowledge base as you gear up for your Cancer Free Lifestyle.
Sign up for our Preventing Cancer Telesummit: Exposing the Environmental Causes here. You will learn how easy it is to control what you can, your home and your consumer choices.
Bee well, and please share your AntiCancer Lifestyle tips with us!