Summer Solstice 2015 – Here comes the sun! We feel the Solstices in our bodies, moods and energy levels — there is a difference in our cellular make-up between Summer and Winter Solstice. And we see it in our environment and in the plants that appear and disappear.
- Wear local flowers in your hair. Pick them and string them for your Self and others. Put a few in a vase and under your pillow for Good Magic and Good Dreams!
- Head for the river, sea, and poolside and build a bon fire or light a Duraflame log to boost the Sun’s energy here on Earth! This tradition is thousands of years old and as multicultural as matriarchy itself. Truly, a global Sisterhood tradition!
- Jump the fire when it has burned down to a jumpable size — to purify your mind, body and soul. Close the door on the past and open to a future of your own choosing.
- Build a mid-Summer May Pole and then dance the night away and welcome in the morning Sun! A wonderful experience whether experienced solo, with friends, or as a multi-generational urban, rural, or tribal community.
- Pick the bright yellow St. Joan’s Wort flowers (aka St. John’s Wort) and tincture them to stabilize your moods and ensure your emotional health all year long! Dry a few and keep them on a little altar to remind you of the sacred light of Summer Solstice to inspire your work and Menstrual visions.
- Turn off your lights at dusk to see the night sky. Watch the moon cycles change, and command your wishes and change your future!