The Bully, the Bullied, and the Bystander by Barbara Coloroso$14.99 $12.75 On Sale!You Save 12.7514.99
From preschool to high school, how parents and teachers can help break the cycle of violence.
Ships USPS Media Mail $3.98.
Usually Ships in 1 to 4 Days.
It's the deadliest combination going. Bullies who get what they want from their target, bullied kids who are afraid to tell, bystanders who either watch, participate, or look away, and adults who see the incidents as simply 'teasing' and a normal part of childhood.
We have only to look at the headlines to understand that this is a recipe for tragedy.
Some bullying victims, their cries unheard, have fought back with violence that has devastated entire communities; others have committed suicide; many more suffer in silence, their lives a constant round of emotional and physical pain.
Readers will learn:
- What bullying is and what it isn't: the three kinds of bullying; and the differences and similarities between boy and girl bullies.
- The role bystanders play in escalating the violence, and the impact on the cycle of violence when a bystander becomes a witness, a resister, or a defender.
- How to read the subtle clues that a child is being bullied and what you can do to help Seven steps to take if your child is a bully.
- Four abilities that protect your child from succumbing to a bully.
- Why zero tolerance policies can equal zero thinking and a constructive alternative.
- Why contempt, not anger, drives bullying, and how to confront this in bullies.
- Cyberbullying in the net neighborhood.
- Real solutions for a problem that affects almost all school aged kids.
Barbara Coloroso is an international bestselling author and for the past 38 years an internationally recognized speaker and consultant on parenting, teaching, school discipline, positive school climate, bullying, grieving, nonviolent conflict resolution and restorative justice.
"Because they are children and for no other reason they have dignity and worth, simply because they are." ~Barbara Coloroso
The Bully, the Bullied, and the Bystander by Barbara Coloroso Related Items
Be the first to write a review.