Mother Nature probably has a plant of some kind to balance every microbe problematic to humans and other species. Our foremothers were scientists. I call their ancient science and knowledge of Nature, “matriscience,” because it has been followed in continuum from matriarchal times to modern times. And we benefit from all that herbal and plant wisdom today as Mother Nature’s Antibiotics.
Antibiotics are expected to heal us of stronger and stronger viruses, bacterias and molds — ones created by the very unnatural antibiotics invented or developed by the science I call “patriscience” — the science of greed and other patriarchal and corporate priorities.
Thanks to today’s herbalists and healers, we have the benefits of learned and instinctual wisdom. Here is a list of Nature’s antibiotics, some will surprise you!
- Garlic (I learned recently that we should peel and smash each garlic section, then wait about ten minutes to let the medicinal aspects develop before cooking. Have any of you heard this too?)
- Goldenseal (My favorite goldenseal tincture blend is Zand’s Ensure)
- Licorice (This is such a nice sweetener to add to teas)
- Aloe Vera (I didn’t know this was antibiotic, but this may be why it is so healing for wounds!)
- Coconut Oil (Monolaurin is sourced from coconut and is a natural TamaFlu Antibiotic. It comes in Capsules)
- Tea Tree Essential Oil (Can be fatal for cats, so use with caution if you have any.)
- Cayenne Pepper
- Tumeric (Fermented Tumeric is good too.)
- Raw Apple Cider Vinegar (organic)
- Ginger (Have you ever smelled the flower that comes from the ginger plant? Beautiful!)
- Grapefruit Seed Extract
- Oregano (Capsules or Essential Oil)
- Honey (of course! it is the Bees’ medicine:)
- Cinnamon (One of the Essential Oils used in “Thieves” formula used in Europe in the Middle Ages to protect folks from the plague. Some folks who used essential oils in their work were immune to the plague and stole the belongings of the afflicted.)
And here’s some new info: : A class of antibiotics recently discovered by patriscience and made by soil-dwelling microbes may kill deadly superbugs — bacteria that no longer succumb to known pharmaceutical drugs. Mother Nature’s got us covered every time.
I do think we are wise to work with a learned herbalist or functional medicine doctor who know about the interactions of plants and the bacterias and viruses we want to kill and the ones we want to grow in our gut and brain. This is a new avenue of medical science that most MDs have not caught up with yet. The gut “biome” has been found to have the same bacteria as our brain biome. Isn’t that an amazing thing.
We never knew we had good bacteria in our brain before, but it makes matri sense. Our brain needs to stay healthy too. And, if we have leaky gut, where our gut lining is allowing food and protein particles into our bloodstream, we most likely have a leaky blood brain barrier too, allowing these same particles into our brain. We are getting closer to solving a lot of disease mechanisms that have to date been a mystery to modern science. Just in time for all the Baby Boomers scheduled for Alzheimers. Full circle medicine – matriarchy to patriarchy — and Matriarchy wins! Bee well:)